cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Inter-Vlan routing with 3750x!

afoxworth
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a vlan on my network and cannot route trafic from the new vlan108 to vlan1

my laptop is connected to port gi1/0/18 (the vlan 108 access port and i cannot ping 10.2.244.246 the vlan1 interface ip)

ip routing is on (pic 1)

the interfaces are up (pic 2)

vlan ints are assigned to ports (pic 3)

the vlan exists (pic4)

the vlan interfaces have ip addresses (pic 5)

there is no gateway to a router, this is not a public network.

my default gateway is configured properly (pic 6)

according to all documentation i have read this should work....... but it does not

also

3750x is on ip services

12.2.58 se2

please help!!!!

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On your screenshots, the vlan 108 is configured on G1/0/18 but this interface seems to be down based on your pic2 file.

Could you check it please?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

sorry when i took the screen shot, i was unplugged from that port and remotely logged in.

i am currently plugged into port 1/0/18 and have updated the picture

Ok before continuing could you answer Paul Driver post?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello

Can you ping the host from the switch sourced from vlan 1

Do you have any software firewall enabled on the host

Can you post the arp table from the switch after trying to ping the host

show ip arp

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

No I was not able to ping the host from the switch. Two devices on vlan 8 can ping eachother, but nothing outside the vlan.

so it seems the vlan is working and doing its job segregating traffic.

firewalls are disabled.

Sadly I no longer have access to the switch(commissioning period is over, the vlan migration was postponed), but arp tables looked good the last time i checked it.

We had chalked up this error to a firmware bug.

The switch is running 12.2.58 and someone found a supporting piece of documentation that said, if ip routing is enabled for the first time the switch will need to be reset. which was not an option for us, since we were not cleared for network outages.

Alaa Alkhdarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

please advise with the full IOS name you have , is it IP Base or IP services .... ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card