Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 2960X to 2960X stack

Steveosh72
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I have a problem, we have 2 server rooms, each with 2 2960X switches.  We have an internet that feeds the 1 server room, and from there we have a fibre cable that connects to the second server room.

In the first server room, we have the first switch in the stack actually as the DHCP.  

Our problem is in the second Server room.  the stack has the internet BUT the second switch is only showings vlan 1 ports.

I can only ping a device that is in vlan 1 from any of the 3 other switches, but if a device is in vlan 10 i can NOT ping it,.

I can see the MAC on the port, and if i do a sh ip arp on the acting DHCP / Router it shows that the device on port 10 has an correct IP 10.10.10.X ... but i can not PING the device.  

if i was to do sh ip arp on the switch 1 in the second server room it only shows connected vlan 1 devices.

if that makes sense...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steveosh72
Level 1
Level 1

So any switch can ping any device that is directly connected to the switch 2 in server room 2...  (even the master of the stack in that same room).

but switch 2 can not even ping directly connected devices

View solution in original post

Got it working 

thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steveosh72
Level 1
Level 1

So any switch can ping any device that is directly connected to the switch 2 in server room 2...  (even the master of the stack in that same room).

but switch 2 can not even ping directly connected devices

Got it working 

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card