cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with a project

Dus002
Level 1
Level 1

Basically  this is a small project that I have for school which I would like to solve and I've been out of my mind for the past 3 days because I can't seem to get it right.

Im creating a small company  where I have some main offices and a room for guests/relaxing. In the guest room I have a wireless router that dynamically gives addresses to the devices that are there. That wireless router is connected to the main router that is supposed to be used as the central point of this company network and that will provide access to the internet because its connected to a modem which is connected to a cloud. On the other side my working offices lan is connected also to that main router. I've been trying to make it so that they both have access to the internet(main router) but the guest's room cannot access the working side of the company.

This is how it looks, if someone could help I would very much appreciate it .

Also its only possible to ping from the guest room to the main offices but not vice versa, I would like for them to not communicate at all, but each of them can communicate with the router (succesful pings).

I forgot to mention that the ip network of the working part is 192.168.1.0 and the ip network from the wireless router is 192.168.2.0 and in the lan part its 192.168.3.0.

I also left the pkt file, im using cisco packet tracer student edition.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you ill see if they can help me there.

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

I have posted it.

Hello,

I opened your project, but everything seems to be working. I can ping e.g. from the wireless laptops to 192.168.1.66. What source and destination IP addresses cannot reach each other ?

Perhaps i wasn't very clear about what I wanted. I do not want laptops to enter the 192.168.1.0 network because it is the working part of the company, I only want them to ping to the router and forbid them for pinging or sending pdu's to 192.168.1.0.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card