cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi i have a problem please help. I accidentally deleted the flash file from the switch instead of the vlan.dat and now i cant boot the switch and it shows this errorError loading "flash:/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E.bin" Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot proc

hehexd
Level 1
Level 1

and also this error :   The system is unable to boot automatically. The BOOT
environment variable needs to be set to a bootable
image.Switching, Catalyst 2000, LAN Switching

7 Replies 7

Martin L
VIP
VIP

is there c2960cx-universalk9 file in tar format (zipped) on flash?  or any other IOS image on flash (bin or tar)?  if not, then you will have to copy one (c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7 or any c2960)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

where should i copy exactly?

when i execute boot command it says this switch: boot
Loading "flash:/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E.bin"...

are you sure there is nothing in flash:/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E/ folder? it is hard to delete folder if it is not empty. go to that folder (cd flash:/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E/ command) and do dir to see files.

copy image to flash:/ Or -if you have same image, copy it to flash:/c2960cx-universalk9-mz.152-7.E/ which is a folder. you can copy image in tar format, then um-compress it or leave it as tar format. I would leave it in tar format but if you do un-compress tar file, it should create folder and put .bin file in it.
dir flash:/ to see if you have any image files (tar or bin)

had to copy with xmodem, now its fine

ok, you figured it out; glad it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card