Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi,

Help me pls

I am connecting cisco 2960  series(WS-C2960-48PST-L)switch and planet switch via sfp port , the link in not up and also orange light is not blinking in the switch , i am using cisco module(GLC-SX-MMD ) in cisco side and planet module in the planet end.

7 Replies 7

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Try swapping the send and recieve cables round on the fibre cable.

Try hardcoding the speed and duplex at both ends, could be an issue with autonegotation.

Is the Cisco recognising the SFP?

Thank you for the reply

Cisco not recognising the sfp.

both switches are autonegotiation support ,

NO lights indicates to me a layer 1 issue. Like Devils said above try swapping the send/recieave around. As long as you have both ends configured correctly it should matter if cisco "recognises" the sfp or not.

how to swapping the send/recieave around ,please help ...connecting the sfp modules within the same switch?

are the switches in the same room, IE, are you using a patch cable or are they in a different location? Either way, If it's a patch cable you can seperate the ends from that clip that binds them together then swap them around. If it's fiber from another location you can swap the end around in the distribution block.

both switches are in the same room but different rack,we are using 6 cisco switches as a edge switch and palnet as core switch,in the server room there is one cisco and the core switch planet.there is SC fiber organiser in the rack , we alredy buy sc to lc fiber patch code for connecting sfp to organiser.so we are trying to connect first the core switch and cisco switch in the server room.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card