cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Processing - ISR 4451 - Hulk LED Process

mmendis
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ISR 4451 router and we installed a SM-X-ES3D-48-P in to it. CPU usage is high in the Switch module. See the processor usage output below.

Hulk LED Process is the most CPU consuming process. What can cause this issue? Running IOS is Version 15.2(3)E1

CPU.JPG

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have SNMP Polling to this kit from NMS Server ? How long was the router UP ? How is your WAN bandwidth usage ?

I do not see any bug related to this, but if possible reboot the device and monitor or upgrade to latest version and see if this fix the issue.

if you not confortable upgrading, then Raise an TAC case if you have smartnet contract.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

We have SNMP polling enabled. But the SNMP process using very low amount of CPU. See the output.SNMP.JPG

Router Uptime is 1 year, 19 weeks, 4 days, 1 hour, 40 minutes

WAN bandwidth is 1Gbps.

We don't have smartnet for the device. Do you have any idea on what can cause these types of issues?

As suggest upgrade and see if that fix then issue.  make sure you take the backup config.(in case something go wrong)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

I remembered a Bug that is related to exactly that IOS and Process combination - maybe check further if you indeed hit that one:

CSCut31580

Regards,

Fischi

I will do the upgrade and share the progress...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1. Upgrade the firmware of the switch module.
2. Look for interface flapping. HULC LED = STP re-calculating due to interface flapping.

Hi Leo,

None of the interfaces are flapping. I will upgrade the firmware and try.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card