Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Utilization in C3548-XL-EN

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am experiencing high CPU utilzation in C3548-XL-EN .Upgradation of RAM or Flash in switch can help me solve this ?

regards

Neo

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to specify a lot more than that , what are you seeing . Under no load at all these switches will run 30-40 % , which is normal . Do a search on the cisco main page for high cpu and 3548 and read the doc .

Hi Glen,

Kindly let me know if its possible to upgrade RAM or Flash in C3548-XL-EN ?

I am getting CPU utilization of about 60% at peak load .

regards

Neo

Hello Neo,

I guess this is normal, unless & until the switch behaves strange, like dropping packets or application issues :) please look into the document attached with this post. might be of help. if not , get us the show proc cpu output, if there are any critical issues.

Hope this helps.. all the best. rate replies if found useful.

Raj

No its not possible , these switches are way past end of life and are not supported any more by cisco. Your only option would be to upgrade to the last code version that cisco ever put out for this model. This was the last version c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.bin .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: