cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Switch

pramod.prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Im facing the problem of High utiliZation (99%)

how i can resolve the issue i have take some logs which shows this but im not able to understand the logs

5 Replies 5

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi pramod,

Please use the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a00804cef15.shtml

This is a very good doucment and I have used it many times to solve the CPU utilization issues.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi amit ,

Thanks for the link , I already through the link ,I run the command show processes cpu i got 99 % @ maximum utilization is by Cat4k Mgmt LoPr ,after trying show platform health maximum % is captured by K2L2 Address Table R by the document i came to know wht they stands for but my problem is how to resole wht to do becos if i run debug/log command then cpu usage comes to 100 % , there is no backup for this switchi.e critical switch so pls advice me to come out of this problem .

thnx

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Could u perform a "Show process cpu history", and show us ?

Do u have that subcommand? It depends on ur IOS version.

thanks amit

two ports are flapping after shut down tht port cpu usage reduces to 17%.

thnx for ur support

pp

Hi PP,

Glad the issue is resolved.

I would encourage you to be regular on the forum to get you issues/queries solved.

Regards,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card