Views
Helpful
Replies

High Discard Rate Error from Cisco LMS for switch 2950

shalabiahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As always, the Cisco LMS is keep sending the follwoing high discard error from the Cisco switches WS-C2950T-24:

EVENT ID               = 0004SX3

ALERT ID               = 00019LF

TIME                   = Tue 14-Feb-2012 08:56:35 GMT

STATUS                 = Active

SEVERITY               = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT         = 192.168.9.152

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE     = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION       = HighDiscardRate::Component=PORT-192.168.9.152/0.26 [Gi0/2] [--- S100547 ---];ComponentClass=Port;ComponentEventCode=1048;Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;OutputPacketDiscardRate=0.0 PPS;MaxSpeed=1000000000;InputPacketRate=1.7897486E7 PPS;MinimumDiscardRate=8333

I saw the post below for Martin but it is not resolved yet, can anyone help ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/657024#657024

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

trimmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

2960 IOS Version: 12.1(22)EA11

I had the same issue if you look at CiscoView and monitor the interface discards, the graph is erratic - I fixed this issue with an IOS upgrade on the switch.

Hi,

I have IOS version 12.1(22)EA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1), to which IOS version did you upgrade ?

Thanks,

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This fault is reported if:

"The input packet queued rate is greater than the minimum packet rate, and the input packet discard percentage is greater than the Discard Threshold. The input packet queued rate is the rate of packets received without error. The input packet discard percentage is calculated by dividing the rate of input packets discarded by the rate of packets received.

"The output packet queued rate is greater than the minimum packet rate, and the output packet discard percentage is greater than the Discard Threshold. The output packet queued rate is the rate of packets sent without error. The output packet discard percentage is calculated by dividing the rate of output packets discarded by the rate of packets sent.

Please rate all the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

shalabiahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me with my request

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: