cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I connect two connections from a single node to an unmanaged switch node in VIRL?

chad patterson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect an IOSvL2 switch to a unmanaged switch with two connections, to intentionally create a loop. VIRL will not allow this, as it throws the error; 

Duplicate connection from node "iosvl2-5" to network(s) "unmanagedswitch-1": problem of VIRL file at line 643.

How can I force VIRL to allow me to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think the older IOSvL2 versions (pre 2016) do not support PVLANs yet, so if you can install that version in a custom node, that might be a workaround. I cannot test this unfortunately as my VIRL access has expired...:(

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is virtuals, what are you trying here for theory, spanning-tree ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I think it is a bug in VIRL. I use the same IOSvL2 in GNS3, no errors. If you want to simulate a loop, just use two IOSvL2s back to back in VIRL...

I would do that, however I need to simulate a switch that doesn't recognize pvlan tags.

Hello,

I think the older IOSvL2 versions (pre 2016) do not support PVLANs yet, so if you can install that version in a custom node, that might be a workaround. I cannot test this unfortunately as my VIRL access has expired...:(

Found one on the webs, and it seems to work. Even though it has all the private-vlan commands built in, it doesn't seem to recognize the tags.

Great suggestion, thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card