cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I connect internet to a preconfigured PoE-8 Switch

Mbasto
Level 1
Level 1

Beginner question here. I have a switch that was preconfigured. Do I need to connect it to my router in order to get it on my Wi-Fi? I have other devices that will connect to the switch. I hope my question makes sense.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you need to connect your switch to router which have internet. if your router have built-in wifi feature, you can use that. or you need wifi access point connected to network to access via wifi. very basic connectivity as below.

ISP internet router ------------ Switch ------------ wifi access point

|                                                |                                       |

WIfi devices                           cable connected                wifi devices

devices

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

you need to connect your switch to router which have internet. if your router have built-in wifi feature, you can use that. or you need wifi access point connected to network to access via wifi. very basic connectivity as below.

ISP internet router ------------ Switch ------------ wifi access point

|                                                |                                       |

WIfi devices                           cable connected                wifi devices

devices

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card