cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I design capacity planning, implement traffic simulation and operate network performance in packet tracer?

Jeremy10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have some difficulties understanding the concept of capacity planning in network. I have this project where we have to  configure Network Management applications (Email, DNS, HTTP, SNMP, Telnet and TFTP) as well as setting up VoIP phones in packet tracer. We have to design capacity planning as well. This is the part I am struggling with. In packet tracer, how do I calculate things like minimum bandwidth requirements, simulating various traffic for control of bandwidth and performing bandwidth control in the serial links? How do I perform traffic congestion and best-effort service in packet tracer? 

We are told that we are required to go "full blast" on our network to create a network congestion. May I know how do I achieve this? Is it simply letting all of the phones calling from one end to another and using all of the PCs to browse the internet? 

How do I also ensure that my calculations will be the same as shown in packet tracer? I need some professional help please! I am really confused as this is my first time doing capacity planning. I sincerely hope that someone is willing to help me out. 

Attached is my packet tracer file. I hope that anyone reading this is able to understand what I am having difficulties with as my English is not that good. 

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card