cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get a .bin ios file on to a blank flash: on c2690x switch?

pgreen
Level 1
Level 1

I formatted my flash: before I had a usable bin file to copy up or .tar file.  Now I am at the switch: prompt and the usbflash0: and 1: don't like my usb stick that I formatted in my other c2690x.  How can I get a file on the flash so I can boot from it without using xmodem-1k and it taking 24 hours?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @pgreen,

Cisco Catalyst 2960X switch does not support file transfers via TFTP at the "switch:" prompt.

The method for transferring a file onto the switch is indeed through the use of the Xmodem protocol. Unfortunately, Xmodem transfers can be slow, especially for larger files, as you mentioned. You can adjust the baud rate as @Edson A. Hernandez explain.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edson A. Hernandez
Spotlight
Spotlight

Change the baud rate to 115200 on the switch: prompt.

switch: set BAUD 115200

Restart HyperTerminal.

Under COM PORT properties, select the bits per second as 115200.

Start the Xmodem recovery.

you should be able to get the copy much faster.

you could try with 380400 as well

Hello @pgreen,

Cisco Catalyst 2960X switch does not support file transfers via TFTP at the "switch:" prompt.

The method for transferring a file onto the switch is indeed through the use of the Xmodem protocol. Unfortunately, Xmodem transfers can be slow, especially for larger files, as you mentioned. You can adjust the baud rate as @Edson A. Hernandez explain.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

pgreen
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the answers.  It's chugging along now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: