cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how many actual HSRP instances can be configured on cisco switch: C9300-48T-A | CAT9300 Universal image

SAGARKAMBLE6733
Level 1
Level 1

how many actual HSRP Instances can be configured on cisco switch C9300-48T-A | CAT9300 Universal image.

I have been through number of documents, but no luck . everyone has given no. of groups supported by version 1 & 2 & i am not looking out for that. I am looking out for actual instance that can be configured on switch model C9300-48T-A | CAT9300 Universal image

1 Reply 1

Twitch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! 
Surprised no one has answered this question: 
In HSRP version 1, the values that could be used for standby groups ranged from 0 to 255. With networks having so many vlans nowadays for instance, there may be a need to have more than the possible 256 standby group numbers that version 1 could offer you. HSRP version 2 allows the standby groups to be configured with values from 0 to 4095, so definitely some more options there.

Please rate and mark if your issue was resolved. Have a good day. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: