Views
Helpful
Replies

How much POE power can get 9300

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have 2 x 9300-48P-A switches. and i configure stacking those two switches.

2x 715 power supply per one switch. switch support 437 POE. This mean the whole switch or one power supply ?

So how much POE power can get for my stacking switches ? I didn't use power stacking.

I have the 4 x 715 power supply. So i will get 4 x 437 POE or 2 x 437 POE ? Do i need extra configuration ?

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you install 2x715 PSUs per switch, you get 2x437 per switch for POE for all 48 ports. And since you are not using power stacking that is all you need and no extra configuration needed. So, you should be good to go.

HTH

Hi,

So if i am doing stacking ( not mean power stacking) ,i will get 4 x 437 for all 96 ports ?

Because now my switch show total power supported is 914 only in web interface. I didn't check with command line.

let me know how to check total POE power of both switch ?

show power inline -show the usage of power for PoE

i will get 4 x 437 for all 96 ports ?   - this mean you have 4 PSU or stack of 4 swiches.

To understand better can you post  below information :

show switch

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi ,

I have two switches. There are two PSU per one switch ( 48 port switch). So i have 4 PSU for 2 switch. I stack those 2 switch by using STACK-T1-50CM.

As you mention previous post reply that "you get 2x437 per switch for POE for all 48 ports " , if we use two PSU per one switches, it will get 2x437 POE per one switches ,correct ?

So if now we suing 4 PSU for 2 switches, we should get 4x437 POE power ?

if you have More PSU added it will be more power, again how you configured combine or redundency mode ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card