cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create the good documentation of large network?

tanner.zaitt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, my question today is  how can I create documentation really good documentation for network infrastructure ?

I heard about Microsoft Visio  and I try to create documentation from zero to end with it.

Which tools I can use to describe with the best way all L2 and L3 network in our organization?

I need from your experience and advices.

I want to describe connections between all network devices and I want to describte all ports, all trunks, all vlans, all downlinks and uplinks, locations, and so and so.

I need to see example how you do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Equiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From my job experience in different companies, I've always come across Microsoft Visio, it offers the most robust features and level y detail when creating your logical or physical topology along its documentation. I don't deny there are many other tools out there but I've always preferred going through this type of diagrams or creating them in Visio.

I've attached some of the documentation I have previously created with this tool, not sure if you require a more level of detail, which can be done.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Equiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From my job experience in different companies, I've always come across Microsoft Visio, it offers the most robust features and level y detail when creating your logical or physical topology along its documentation. I don't deny there are many other tools out there but I've always preferred going through this type of diagrams or creating them in Visio.

I've attached some of the documentation I have previously created with this tool, not sure if you require a more level of detail, which can be done.

Thank you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card