cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create the good documentation of large network?

tanner.zaitt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, my question today is  how can I create documentation really good documentation for network infrastructure ?

I heard about Microsoft Visio  and I try to create documentation from zero to end with it.

Which tools I can use to describe with the best way all L2 and L3 network in our organization?

I need from your experience and advices.

I want to describe connections between all network devices and I want to describte all ports, all trunks, all vlans, all downlinks and uplinks, locations, and so and so.

I need to see example how you do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Equiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From my job experience in different companies, I've always come across Microsoft Visio, it offers the most robust features and level y detail when creating your logical or physical topology along its documentation. I don't deny there are many other tools out there but I've always preferred going through this type of diagrams or creating them in Visio.

I've attached some of the documentation I have previously created with this tool, not sure if you require a more level of detail, which can be done.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Equiros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From my job experience in different companies, I've always come across Microsoft Visio, it offers the most robust features and level y detail when creating your logical or physical topology along its documentation. I don't deny there are many other tools out there but I've always preferred going through this type of diagrams or creating them in Visio.

I've attached some of the documentation I have previously created with this tool, not sure if you require a more level of detail, which can be done.

Thank you.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card