cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to filter traffics on firewall just pass through Core-switch?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Currently i have some traffic it not filter by firewall when i implement inver-Vlan on Core switch.

i have Cisco 3750 and configure Vlan 10 and Vlan 20 , and this Core switch connect to my Firewall . 

so i want to filter when the Vlan 10 talk to Vlan 20 need to filter ( permit or deny )on Firewall.

currently it not go to firewall just go to Core-switch.  and from Firewall to Core-switch i'm using Point to point IP with OSPF routing.

Best Regards,

REchard

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You cannot secure what you need to using an ACL between the VLANs?

If not, you could probably do this by using VRF-lite.

Dear Joseph,

Could you more detail on this ? or do you have sample configure ?

Best Regards,

Rechard

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Details for ACL usage or VRF-Lite usage?

If the latter, this might help you as a starter: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/nac-appliance-clean-access/108540-nac-layer3-design-guide.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card