cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Recover Image on 3750X-24T

Thomas Reiling
Level 1
Level 1

I accidentally deleted the IOS on my new switch and hoped someone could tell me how to recover it.  I have the image I need on my PC and have booted the switch to the switch: prompt but don't know how to transfer it.  The configuration guide tells me to connect my PC to the switch via the management port but my management port isn't configured with an IP address so there's no way for me to transfer the file via TFTP.  Can someone help?

Thank you,

Thomas

23 Replies 23

Thanks, man!

Thomas

I suggest  you increase the console port speed to 115200  and your terminal emulator to the same . If you use 9600 bps it will take probably 2 hours to transfer that file, if you increase the port speed to 115200 then it will take probably less than 20 minutes....

Thanks, Glen.

Thomas

Glenn,

At the switch: prompt on my 3750x what command do I use to change the port speed to 115200?

Thanks,

Thomas

switch: set BAUD 115200

you will lose the console session once you run the command (it will freeze on you).  You will need to close your session and reconnect to serial at 115200 to get the console back and run the xmodem commands.  Once you've completed the transfer, PLEASE don't forget to set the speed back to 9600 before you go any further. 

switch: UNSET BAUD

It will save you some headache.

Message was edited by: Antonio Knox

Thanks, dude!

TJR

Thanks for the ratings. 

Try this :

• Download and Install Extraputty
  • change your baud rate to 115200
  • Run your command, copy xmodem: flash:c3560cx-universalk.xxxx6.bin Then, BEFORE the 3rd C appears complete the following steps in Extraputty...

•  

• Go to Transfer -> Send Xmodem. 
    • Choose your file and hit OK

yasirirfan
Level 4
Level 4

You can you xmodem command to transfer the IOS image from your system. Check Cisco web site for xmodem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card