cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to remove Redundancy on 6506 sup2t

Steve Chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a test box with 2 sup2t in redundancy sso mode.  How do i remove the redundancy?  I need to split these up to use in other boxes as standalone.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
Just take out the standby supervisor , leave the active one

remove the redundancy config like below , should be in global config

redundancy
main-cpu
auto-sync running-config
mode sso

to check whos active supervisor in teh chassis
show redundancy

Thats it really

View solution in original post

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

SSO  Redundancy is enabled by default when you insert a 2nd supervisor into a chassis. Once you remove the 2nd supervisor to use elsewhere, the system will know there is no SSO since it will not sense the presence of a 2nd supervisor.

Cheers,

Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
Just take out the standby supervisor , leave the active one

remove the redundancy config like below , should be in global config

redundancy
main-cpu
auto-sync running-config
mode sso

to check whos active supervisor in teh chassis
show redundancy

Thats it really

I have tired to remove in running config the no command does not work.  I then uploaded a new configuration without redundancy to startup and reloaded still the redundancy command comes back.    

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

SSO  Redundancy is enabled by default when you insert a 2nd supervisor into a chassis. Once you remove the 2nd supervisor to use elsewhere, the system will know there is no SSO since it will not sense the presence of a 2nd supervisor.

Cheers,

Scott

I have removed the 2nd sup. rebooted several times and even upgraded the IOS and it still comes up with redundancy enabled. 

I looked at other 6509 and the redundancy command is hard coded even if you not using it.  so I all good thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: