Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How to replace a NME-XD-24ES-1S-P with a NME-XD-48ES-2S-P on a 3750

Hello,

Recently I tried replacing a NME-XD-24ES-1S-P with a NME-XD-48ES-2S-P on a couple of 3750s (2 different locations) as part of an expansion we are doing. I had previously backed up the config both to TFTP and to flash.

I had the same results at both locations so what I relay now is applicable in both instances.....once I replaced the card the new switch module booted without a conifg (i.e. hostname "switch"). I tried to do a "config net" and it looked like the config took; indeed, I saw the !! and the OK but when I did a "sho run" or "sho start" I still saw the config of the new card and not what I had restored. I tried to reload and it made no difference. I even tried renaming config.text to the fiile I copied from TFTP and that did not work.

So, I need some assistance - short of pasting in line-by-line - how can I restore the config I had from my NME-XD-24ES-1S-P to my new card (

NME-XD-48ES-2S-P) once it is installed. I realize that the new 48-port will have 24 additional ports and was prepared to configure those ethernet ports. What threw me for a loop was having to reconfigure the WHOLE switch module once I replaced the card.

Any help is GREATYL APPRECIATED!

Thanks,

Rob

Everyone's tags (1)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad