cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to replace N2K-C2248TP with N2K-C2248TP-E?

Tyler Woods
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do to swap out my N2K-C2248TP with N2K-C2248TP-E. All my searching has turned up nothing regarding a procedure to achieve this. 

Are these similar enough models that I can just swap them out without having to re-provision the different model number? 

Is there a link out there I've just failed to find in my search? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, that is a good approach you know well about the issue and learning lessons so rest all easy walk to replace with out any struggle.

Once you replaced 1, wait for 1 or 2 days observe to see if any other issues reported before replacing another one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The difference between the 2 is just the amount of buffer which is very monitor. So, you should be able to simply replace one with the other with the same prevising you already have in place.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can just replace the FEX replacement, both are the same model

If you want to be safe, you can build Another FEX next to old FEX with Parent Switch (if you have enough ports, migrate the patching and remove the OLD FEX)

BB

Tyler Woods
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both. That was my thinking as well. I'll attempt replacing just one as a test before I proceed with the other 12 in my data center. 

yes, that is a good approach you know well about the issue and learning lessons so rest all easy walk to replace with out any struggle.

Once you replaced 1, wait for 1 or 2 days observe to see if any other issues reported before replacing another one.

BB

So I finally got to test this a few weeks ago and ran into a slight wrinkle. 

Swapped FEX111 from a N2K-C2248TP-1GE to a N2K-C2248TP-E-1GE. It appeared to be going through the usual download and rebooting for the image but never came up.

I had to adjust the slot provision from: 

slot 111
  provision model N2-C2248T

to:

slot 111
  provision model N2K-C2248TP-E-1GE

The only way I was able to adjust the provision configuration was by issuing a "no" under slot 111 then putting the new model in. Doing this removed all interface configurations requiring me to put those back. 

Is there another way to do this that I'm missing? My first thought was to: 

1. Copy the configuration
  2. Change the provision model
  3. Restore the configuration with the provision model changes

Never done that before so I'm just curious if there are any ramifications? Am I missing a simpler way to do this? 

I do not see any other way since the model is changing here, you can do a fresh slot and copy the config.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card