Views
Helpful
Replies

How to switch of out Recovery mode for Cisco 9500-16X series

ktheng208
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

This is my first time to ask some issue here !!! 

Anyone who know how we can switch out of Recovery mode for Cisco 9500-16X series

Actually, I would like to do stacking on Cisco 9500-16x-A Series. I tried to learn from Cisco web site 

But It couldn't work. So, anyone who can tell me what should i do when we need to do stacking on C9500?

with Dual Active mode

Best Regards,

6 Replies 6

ktheng208
Level 1
Level 1
Actually, I wanna set Virtual stack by using Dual Active. Anyone who can let me know please
I had set as this cisco link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-8/configuration_guide/ha/b_168_ha_9500_cg/b_168_ha_9500_cg_chapter_011.html#concept_sjb_byx_31b
but couldn't

I have followed the same document last week and it works as expected.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.pdf

Can you elaborate, what is not working ? where do you stuck ? make sure you have console cable both the side  so you can see the Logs and errors

Note : make sure domain is correct, some how when i was setting, suddendly switch to change to doamin 1  default - i have to correct that save config and reboot to working.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji.bandi,

Thank you so much for the helping!!!!!
Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
1 Standby xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 15 V01 Ready
*2 Active xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 14 V01 Ready

After I configure on the switch then reboot it. It's couldn't save the configure
What should I do on this?

Best Regards,

you need to make always modification on Active one once Stackwise Virtual Formed. what configuration which was not applied ?

BB

Hi Balaji.bandi,

I had use command "show ver" then found that the register no. was 0x142 (will be 0x102 at next reload).

So, I was change register number to 0x102. Now, it's been fixed.

Best Regards,

Glad all working as expected, can you mark as solution if it resolved.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco