Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to track an interface ?

Say a router is connected to 2 ISPs(one is promary and other is secondary ) and its in OSPF area 0 as well. Would like to advertise only the primary link to the internal network. How i can do this config ? Is there any way i could track the WAN link ?. Please advice.

4 Replies 4

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When you run an IGP on the primary link, it will only be advertised if the link is up/up, so if this link goes down, then the network will be removed from IGP routing tables automatically.

You may be best advertising the primary and secondary links via IGP, then using your routing protocol to prefer the primary link, so all traffic will go to primary router, then when this link goes down, primary router will not advertise external/default route learned via primary isp, then secondary isp can takeover.

There are a number of ways to do this, but depends on a. your igp b. your egp c. what routes you are getting from isp 1 & 2.

Is this what you are looking for?

HTH

LR

jacobnuhu
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know how to block a specific interface in a network not to recieve services from a server.

use access list on router interface.

Hi,

maybe you could take the internal network out of your routing process. Then set up another routing process including the internal network and the primary link.

Regards,

Sebastian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card