Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade the IOS on a 2960G switch

Hello Community!

Hoping someone can help. I am a bit of a noob on the Network end. So i have a 2960g switch and am wanting to upgrade from the current version (below) to the newer one using the bin file that I downloaded c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE11

I have searched the internet looking for guides but seem to get some different ways of doing it. Does anyone have a good step by step that I can follow? 

Here is the current version

Switch    Ports      Model                          SW Version              SW Image

------        -----        --------                           ----------                     ----------

*    1        24          WS-C2960G-24TC-L   12.2(35)SE5             C2960-LANBASE-M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go HERE.

Thanks Leo!

I was trying to move this along a little quicker but this video has been very informative and gave a lot of background. Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to rate our post, Phillip.  :)

MNJ
Level 1
Level 1

i am also facing same issue please suggest or share the information below are the details 

Switch    Ports      Model                          SW Version              SW Image

------        -----        --------                           ----------                     ----------

*    1        48          WS-C2960G-48TC-L   12.2(44)SE6             C2960-LANBASEK9-M

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card