Views
Helpful
Replies

How upgrade ws-c3750G-48TS-S??

Med Aly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can you please help me to upgrade my new ws-c3750G-48TS-S to ful dynamic IP routing?

thank you for your help

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
can you please help me to upgrade my new ws-c3750G-48TS-S to ful dynamic IP routing?

1.  Do you have the license to upgrade to IP Services feature set?

2.  Post the output to the command "sh version".

View solution in original post

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Here you will good understanding of IOS service for your switch hardware

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/index.html

The Cisco Catalyst 3750 is available with two software images:

• IP Base software includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for routed access, and IPv6 functionality.
  • IP Services software provides a broader set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IP Unicast and IP Multicast routing, as well as policy-based routing (PBR).

HTH

Regards
Santhosh Saravanan

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan

andmende
Level 1
Level 1

License is not needed for this switches as it is only required for E and X switches (3750X/3750E).  If you are entitled to download the IP Services image software, that can provide you the full routing features you are looking for.

18 Replies 18

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Do you have the license to upgrade to IP Services feature set?

2.  Post the output to the command "sh version".

Hi,

Thank you every one for your response.

I don't have the License, do i need license for this upgrade??

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I don't have the License, do i need license for this upgrade??

Legally, yes.

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Here you will good understanding of IOS service for your switch hardware

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/index.html

The Cisco Catalyst 3750 is available with two software images:

• IP Base software includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for routed access, and IPv6 functionality.
  • IP Services software provides a broader set of enterprise-class features, including advanced hardware-based IP Unicast and IP Multicast routing, as well as policy-based routing (PBR).

HTH

Regards
Santhosh Saravanan

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan

Hi,

i have download this version does this support OSPF??

Thank you in advance.

i have download this version does this support OSPF??

IP Services feature set will support OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.   IP Base will only support OSPFv1.

Just want to remind you that you didn't purchase any license or right-to-use the IP Services feature set.

EDIT:  IP Base will support OSPFv2 but you have a single process only.  If you want more, IP Services is your next port of call.

Leo,

IP Base will only support OSPFv1. 

It will support OSPFv2. Recall, the OSPFv1 was a prototype and apart from ancient Proteon and GATED implementations, no vendor has actually released a commercial implementation. I do not believe Cisco ever supported OSPFv1 in IOS.

Best regards,

Peter

The IP Base feature set supports OSPF for routed access to enable customers to extend Layer 3 routing capabilities to the access or wiring closet. The IP services feature set is required if you need multiple OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 instances without route restrictions.

Found in New Software Features.

Disregard this.

Leo,

That statement regarding OSPF version-1 is very confusion, as I have never seen any Cisco device that can be configured with OSPF version-1 or any one has actually deployed it. I think, the ment ver-2, but they never removed it form the data sheet.

Reza

Reza, Peter,

I'm getting confused here.  Mea Culpa.

I think what I meant to say is IP Base will support OSPFv2 with single process only. 

Hi Leo,

I've gone over the document - there is no mention of OSPFv1 in particular. The document sometimes uses the term OSPF without referring to a version but to me, that does not implicate the version 1.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter,

To early in the morning and not enough caffine in my IV drip.

I've edited my earlier posts. 

Hi Leo,

Hey, it was not serious at all... just unexpected. Regarding the caffeine, I'd rather choose a couple more hours to nap (if possible of course).

Best regards,

Peter

Hey, it was not serious at all... just unexpected.

Serious for me.  How many times have you pointed this out?  A lot.  Not funny for me.

Regarding the caffeine, I'd rather choose a couple more hours to nap

Unfortunately, you're an instructor.  You're not allowed to take naps while teaching class.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card