Views
Helpful
Replies

HP iBrix NAS Cluster communication problem with N7010

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well !!!

I've got a situation with an iBrix NAS cluster connecting to a pair of N7010's, hope someone can help with some suggestions on what could be causing the problem.

I have a pair of N7010's running NX-OS 6.0.2 running in vPC topology and I have 2 iBrix NAS servers in a cluster (server1 and server2), each server has 2 10GE links (one to each N7010) but only one link is active, please diagram below. I am having intermitten cluster communication problem between these systems. There are heartbeat messages that keep them in sync but somehow periodically one node complaining it can't reach the other and they get out of sync. I've checked the Nexus switches but unable to find any issue on the network side.

Has anyone ran into this issue ? I appreciate any suggestions / inputs.

Thanks in advance !!!

D.

iBrix NAS to N7K Connectivity Layout.jpg

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

Are these FCOE connections or regular Ethernet?

Are you using sup-2?

Also, do you have jumbo frame enabled?

HTH

Hi Reza !! Thanks for respdonding to my thread !!

Are these FCOE connections or regular Ethernet?

These are 10G Ethernet connections

Are you using sup-2?

I am using Sup-1

Also, do you have jumbo frame enabled?

no jumbo frame

I was able to capture the data between the servers and I am seeing a lot of connection reset on both servers. Does that mean the packets are making through to both sides and the servers are resetting or denying the connections ? Any ideas ?

Thanks !!

D.

Dan,

I don't have much experiance with the storage world, but from what I have seen every time we connect to storage devices, they ask us to turn on Jumbo Frame.  Now, I am not sure if enabling Jumbo Frame can help at all, but may be worth a try.

Reza

Thanks Reza ! If I enable jumbo frame on the server switch do I need to enable jumbo frame on the client switch ports as well ? Also on the vPC peer-link too ??

D.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dan,

No need to enable it the VPC peer-link.  It is already enabled by default.

Also, I would enable it on the client switch ports too and test it.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card