cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HPE SN2010 to Cisco 3750 unable to keep ports up need help

xusarmy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a HPE SN2010 switch connecting to an upstream Cisco 3750.  On the Mellanox side its an access port, set to 1G force, set MTU to 1500.  The ports will come up, but then go back down.  What is the magic recipe to connect these together?  Currently only trying to get an access port to work, then will work on configuring a trunk or LACP port later.

Thank you,

5 Replies 5

It really depends on why the ports are going down. Please provide some log messages from each side for when the link comes up and goes down. That will probably point you in the right direction. Also, please provide the configuration of the interfaces in question on both sides of the link.

xusarmy
Level 1
Level 1

SN2010 Port config (very basic)

# show running-config interface ethernet 1/2
interface ethernet 1/2 speed auto force
interface ethernet 1/2 mtu 1500 force

Cisco 3750: 

STA01PACC12A#sh run int gi1/0/8

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 138 bytes

!

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8

switchport access vlan 202

switchport mode access

switchport nonegotiate

spanning-tree portfast

I will try to pull some logs, but its really a very basic setup.

>....but its really a very basic setup.

- But then the information from the logs is very basic/important too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs when that happens on 3750 use show logging , do the same on the HP with equivalent command for that platform.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I am a bit puzzled that you haven't wanted to provide that log information. "Help us help you" would be a phrase that comes to mind. That said, the culprit could likely be "spanning-tree portfast". Port fast is for use with ports connected to hosts, NOT ports connected to other switches. Try doing a "no spanning-tree portfast" on that interface.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card