ip address 2.2.2.1 255.255.255.0

!

int Vlan20

ip address 3.3.3.1 255.255.255.0

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.2.3.1

!

Firewall:

A L3 interface 1.2.3.1/30, with routes for 2.2.2.0/24 and 1.2.3.0/24 pointing to 1.2.3.2.

A very simple setup that works very well for what we do. We are replacing the 3560 with a pair of 3850s. My original plan was to run HSRP on the L3 VLAN SVIs and on the routed interface, setup STP, portchannels, etc, and move on with life...however the 3850s do not currently support HSRP.

That's right, HSRP that has been around since 1998 (or so) isn't in the current IOS for the 3850.

I cannot seem to find a way to virtualize the IP of the VLANs (gateways for their vlan members) and the routed interface IP (gateway from firewall and for traffic from the switch). HSRP, VRRP, GBLP, all seem to not be part of the IOS on the 3850. IPSERVICES doesn't seem to have these features either, not that it would be a viable option for me.

What options do I have? I have to be able to define an IP as a gateway that I can define on my clients that will float between switches. With HSRP and interface tracking the solution is simple.

Thanks.

Relevant info:

!

License Level: Ipbase

!

Switch Ports Model              SW Version        SW Image              Mode

------ ----- -----              ----------        ----------            ----

1 56    WS-C3850-48T       03.02.02.SE       cat3k_caa-universalk9 INSTALL

5 Replies 5

Hello Steve

First hop routing protocols such as - hrsp/glbp etc is supported on the 3850 with 12.4T iOS

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I log in to support and choose "Cisco Catalyst 3850-48T-L", my only software types shown are "IOS XE Software", which only has 3.2.* versions of IOS XE.

Am I missing something really simple?

#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.02.02.SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2013 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 14-Jun-13 19:24 by prod_rel_team

Steve,

See this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2204255

From - Dan Dan the cisco man

""Hi- HSRP & VRRP will be available in Q3CY13.

Thanks

Dan""

I can get why they have let in a box without the ip services we have been used to for years & years

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Correct. This is the 3.3.0 release which is due out this Fall.

3.3.0 is out now - go get it..!

Edit : Seems VRRP didn't make it , HSRP is gone from the incompatible list atleast...

:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card