cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP quirk on 3725 router

RonaldNutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up multiple vlan interfaces on a pair of HSRP Routers that will provide layer 3 routing for a network.  I am seeing this command sporadically show up in the router config -

mac-address-table static 0000.0c07.acd2 vlan 210

I am not entering this command.  So far, it has not shown up on the companion 3725 router.  I have a 2nd vlan I have just created and the problem hasnt shown up for that vlan as yet.

Using C3725-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) on the routers.

Any suggestions ?

4 Replies 4

It is Virtual MAC created for the Group 210 and looks like the switch is making a static entry of this VMAC in its MAC address table.

But I'm not sure if it is supposed to. May be experts can comment

-Vijay

I figured that it was the switch creating the address but I am trying to figure out why the switch is creating the config entry.  I have switched over to using vrrp as a test and noticed the same issue there as well.  I went to CCNP Bootcamp a couple of months ago and didnt see this happen on the switch stack there.  When the static mac entry line is present for a particular vlan, I am not able to ping the virtual ip address.  Would really like to find out what is going on.

Ron

Could it be the result of the sticky port security command and is appearing after you save config?

What does that have to do with the OP question?

mac-address-table static 0000.0c07.acd2 vlan 210

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco