cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a cisco Nexus3064T that is not allowing me to kill users sessions

xesotxes
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I try the clear user pepe or clear line and neither worked. Am I missing a command that I am not aware of? The user is sitting idle for months. I know if I reboot the switch it will kill all the session, but I would like not to do that. Thank you for the assistance, Carlos
8 Replies 8

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @xesotxes ,

Can you share the options after the clear command?

#clear ?

Regards

when I run the commands - core-01# clear user rancid nothing happens core-01# sh users NAME LINE TIME IDLE PID COMMENT rancid pts/0 Sep 12 22:01 old 2251 (10.10.1.10) session=ssh rancid pts/1 Jul 10 14:01 old 29684 (10.10.1.10) session=ssh rancid pts/2 Apr 24 17:01 old 3287 (10.10.1.10) session=ssh if I try this commands - core-01# clear line rancid invalid line rancid core-01# clear line pts/0 invalid line pts/0 still nothing happens.

here are the commands after clear - # clear ? access-list Clear access list statistical information accounting Clear accounting log(s) in all vdcs bfdc BFD client commands bootvar Clear the bootvar log cdp Cisco Discovery Protocol checkpoint Clear configuration rollback checkpoint cli Debug cli copp Clear policy information for copp cores Clear all core dumps for the switch counters Clear counters debug Debugging functions forwarding Forwarding frame Clear layer-2 frame statistics to/from the Route Processor fs-daemon Clear the fs daemon log install Clear the installer log ip Clear IP commands ipv6 Clear IPv6 commands l2protocol Clear l2protocol counters lacp LACP protocol license Clear license line Kill a session on particular vty lldp Reset the lldp counters logging Clear logging information mac MAC ntp Network Time Protocol nvram Purge NVRAM otv OTV events pktmgr Clear Packet Manager information processes Process-related clear commands qos Clear interface queuing information radius-server Clear RADIUS related parameters rmon Clear RMON tables role Clear role information routing Clear routing information screen Clear screen session Reset confg session internals snmp Clear SNMP Tables sockets Display sockets status and configuration spanning-tree Spanning Tree Subsystem ssh Clear ssh values system Clear logs in system tacacs-server Clear TACACS related parameters tech-support Gather information for troubleshooting track Clear track information user Logout a particular user vlan Vlan commands vpc Virtual Port Channel configuration

Hi @xesotxes ,

Now, Can you share the options after the clear line command?

line Kill a session on particular vty

#clear line ?

Regards

Hello,

in IOS, there used to be a way to clear sessions by using the 'show tcp brief' command and then clearing a session with the 'clear tcp tcb' command (see the link attached), not sure if this is available in NX-OS as well...

https://www.fryguy.net/2010/11/19/clearing-hung-tcp-session-on-a-cisco-router/

That command doesn't work on the Nexus - thanks

Check out https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux87583/?rfs=iqvred

CSCux87583 provides workaround for multiple hung ssh sessions. From out-of-band console, configure "no feature ssh" and then "feature ssh" to clear all ssh connections. 

Jake Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Also, I was able to login to the offending user and was able to delete those sessions.  I could delete user connections if I was logged in to switch with the same user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card