cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need download an image file by using tfpf.

I need download an image file by using tfpf.

before running command archive download-sw /overwriteftp:/192.168.121.228/C:\C:\tftpboot/c1200-k9w7-mx.123

shown:

examining image...

%Error opening  (Invalid IP address or hostname)archive download: takes 0 second

s

I appreciate your help.

Thank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

%Tar checksum error in fd 0

This means the file you've downloaded is corrupt or it's not completed.

Go to the Cisco website and download the IOS again.  Once download is complete, compare the MD5 hash value of the file against the value found in the Cisco website.   Make sure both values match.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firstly, you know you've posted this thread in the JAPANESE section. 

Finally, this command "archive download-sw /overwriteftp:/192.168.121.228/C:\C:\tftpboot/c1200-k9w7-mx.123" is so wrong is so many places.

1.  Make sure your TFTP client is pointing to the same directory where the filename is located. 

2.  Your syntax is wrong.  The command should be "archive download-sw /overwrite tftp:///IOS.TAR".

Do you see the bit where you have "/C: \C:\tftpboot"?  This will throw up another set of error messages. 

Hi,

the problem was corrected in the syntax but i can't download the image by using tftp.

after running the command shows me the following:

AP_INFRAESTRUCTURA#$write tftp://192.168.121.228/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE

examining image...

Loading c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEE from 192.168.121.228 (via BVI1): !

ERROR: Failed to extract from archive file tftp://192.168.121.228/c1200-k9w7-mx.

123-8.JEE

archive download: takes 1 seconds

have a suggestion?

This means the file you've downloaded is corrupt or it's not completed.

Go to the Cisco website and download the IOS again.  Once download is complete, compare the MD5 hash value of the file against the value found in the Cisco website.   Make sure both values match.

thank for your comments.

helped me a lot.

I'll do you suggest

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card