cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need some help!

wladimirpausin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am trying to do this task.

I am working in a network which is class A. We already have a scope which every user for the company could access with their user and password, then they have access to some resources. We managed this with active directory.

I need to allow to external user such a auditors to have access only to internet when they conect their laptops to a network point.

I don't know how to do it. I think I have to create a new scope and autorize in the ADirectory. Also, Do you know if I have to modify something in the switches?.

Any sugestion and previous experience in this task it's welcome.

If you need more information just tell me.

Thanks

21 Replies 21

ok, thanks.

Where I have to make the access ports for the VLAN?. Do you mean in the core switch?.

Do I have to do this in the access switches?.

Wladimir

Hi,

- Create VLAN on the core switch.

- Connect core switch and access switch if not already connected and make the ports on both the ends as trunk ports.

- Check VLANs by entering Show VLAN on the access switches.

- On the access switch, make all the ports member of the VLAN.

This should do it for you.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all helpful posts!!!

adnan.zafar
Level 1
Level 1

just cr8 a new user with no rights then give them user name to access to your network so they will only able to use internet and remainig will hide from them

may this could help you

ok, but if I give him a user and a password he has to login in my domain which means waste time. Also I have to this with all the external users every day.

So it's not a good deal

whenever u have domain so that mean you have to be the part of domain to access any thing of that domain so i said just create a user name with no rights so they won't able to do any thing in that domain except internet usage and your problem will solved..as many universities has guest login in which you only able to use internet and u can't do any thing else...

hi,

I know your point which is true. The thing is that I have to deny access to the resources to any people which plug any cable in a network point to have access to them. I mean if I am an auditor and need to do some conference here I could plug a cable and see all the resources of the company. So I think I have to create Vlan to do this task, DO you think it, don't you? Any sugestion??

Thanks

Hi2

basically problem is your domain because every user must logon into your domain so thats why yo u have to give user name to person which want to login into ur domain... ( You can't create any user besides your Domain.. If you have Domain then every resource will belong to you domain. whatever its IE or something else. because every internet traffic must pass from server.)

For Vlans user must b connected to that port of switch for access the network but if he doesn't connect to that port what will u do at that situation...

So in domain just create a user name with no rights like most network administrators do then either user connect to 1 switch or any switch to that network you don't need to implement VLAN and intervlan ...

i think now u'll got i want to say ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card