cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-2000-4TS-B or IE-2000-4TS-L1 support PVST+ or Rapid PVST+ ?

reall1201
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I need to know IE-2000-4TS-B or IE-2000-4TS-L1 support PVST+ or Rapid PVST+ ? This very important to me. In datasheet I can't find this information. I was try ask this in our - Russian CISCO support on last week but they are still don't answer me. I want know this as quickly as possible,else industrial network will be designed on MOXA switches with MSTP support (less preferably).

1 Reply 1

Tinya Cheng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

Based on the switch configuration guide for 15.0(1)EY, both PVST+ and Rapid PVST+ are supported on the IE 2000:

The switch can use either the per-VLAN spanning-tree plus (PVST+) protocol based on the IEEE 802.1D standard and Cisco proprietary extensions, or the rapid per-VLAN spanning-tree plus (rapid-PVST+) protocol based on the IEEE 802.1w standard.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie2000/software/release/15-0_1_ey/configuration/guide/scg-ie2000/swstp.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card