cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ie1000 PoE issue

Minnesotakid
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into an ie1000 that has all PoE ports set to status "disabled". I am thinking we might be having issues with the power supply that is powering this switch. 

The attachment is the screen I am seeing, with PoE hosts connected but they are not receiving power.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not familiar with Ie series switches but is there a way to enable power to the ports. Also, it shows that the power supply is only 160W. Is that correct? That seems to be a low wattage power supply.

HTH

Hi @Reza Sharifi  - these switches do not appear to have a way to turn PoE on/off like a normal IOS switch. We believe that we have a power supply that does not give us enough power for PoE. We are using a 24V power supply when 48V is required for PoE. We are working on replacing the power supply and I will report back once we have done this to confirm. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-1000-series-switches/datasheet-c78-737277.html

Rehan Temrikar
Level 1
Level 1

i too have the same issue is there any way of enable the POE?

Minnesotakid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Rehan Temrikar I believe we swapped the power supply to resolve this issue. Always recommended to use the Cisco power supply parts per the whitepapers for this individual switch, but I believe we ended up in a pinch using a Meanwell NDR-240-48. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card