Views
Helpful
Replies

IEC 61850 G00SE protocol

Support Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to install a Cisco IE-4000-4S8P4G-E switch in a substation in which we have equipment sending GOOSE frames; this device sends these frames to another client device connected to a cisco 2960X-24TS-S switch on the LAN. Do you know if these frames will be received by the client connected to the 2960X? I have read several times that it depends on the switch model. Do I have to replace my 2960x switch with another industrial switch?

Thanks in advance, Regards

Vanessa

3 Replies 3

Hello,

check the thread below. According to Cisco, the GOOSE protocol is supported on all Cisco switches...

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/iec-61850-g00se-protocol/td-p/2905364

sorry but that is not what is written in this post. It is well written at the end that it is not possible in reality to make the GOOSE protocol work on the switches or not correctly. 

So are you sure that the equipment that will be connected to the switch 2960X will receive the GOOSE frame?

Hello,

Could someone answer me on this subject ?

thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card