Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In Catalyst 3750 ports are getting shutting down automatically

Hi All

Thanks in advance

in my production environment two swtiches with stack and all ports are in the same Vlan 2 192.168.117.254  and the default getway is 192.168.117.1

install correctely all were working fine but from yesterday onwards some of the ports are getting down automatically and coming up automatically

and all devices are having static IP's no dynamic

Jun 16 02:28:13.410: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet3/0/38, changed state to up

Jun 16 02:30:42.467: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/5, changed state to down

Jun 16 02:30:44.472: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/5, changed state to up

Jun 16 02:31:52.302: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/14, changed state to down

Jun 16 02:31:54.307: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/14, changed state to up

Jun 16 02:31:58.568: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet3/0/3, changed state to down

Jun 16 02:32:00.582: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet3/0/3, changed state to up

Jun 16 02:34:15.563: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/45, changed state to down

Jun 16 02:34:17.568: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0/45, changed state to up

LADIES_BR-SW#

why its happens i don't know can any one explain me please how to trouble shoot this problem

i am attaching the sh tech-support output

thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When a computer, for instance, powers up/down or a users logs in/out of the computer the interface will go down/up TWICE.  This is what you are seeing.

Thanks for your support

waht u said that's correct but i personally visit the device the device auto matically showing your lan un-plug  and after some time its showing your lan is connected now , is there any configuration issue check the configuration and suggest me

and the swithc also not showing the arp ip's the number of devices are connected its around 70 but the switch is showing only 5 to 10 only

where is the problem i didn't understand check the configuration and reply me i attach the sh tech suppot document check it and reply me

thanks in advance

and the swithc also not showing the arp ip's the number of devices are connected its around 70 but the switch is showing only 5 to 10 only

If these are ordinary PCs and you won't see the MAC address, then chances are the PCs were LOGGED OUT.

all PC's are branded HP PC's

i ma not sure

but in mac address table mac address are also not showin

go through the tech support  u may get some things error on that

all PC's are branded HP PC's

i ma not sure

If these clients are HP-branded then do the command "sh interface status".  Normally, alot of PC's, HP included, have a "signatrue" to their NICs when they are logged out or power off.

When a clients is powered off or logged off, their interface drops down to 10 Mbps and Half duplex.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

They are not shutting down...they are just physically getting down, most probably PCs would be powered off.

If now manually set the speed duplex on switch and the pc's and see if it has any effect or not.

Thanks

Musab

---

Posted by WebUser Musab Kiani from Cisco Support Community App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card