cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Industrial switches

sanborra2011
Level 1
Level 1

Can I interconnect several IE-4010 4S24P to form a stack or a ring?
In this case, how many IE could I put in the same ring?
In the IE-5000 series I see that there are MASTER and CLIENT licenses for this function, but I do not see them in them IE-4010

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Data sheet info's for these models could provide the parameters you are looking for (use Google to find  the datasheets).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IE4K i do not believe it support Stacking.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

CommGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to stack IE 4010-16S12P switches? I don't see anyways to stack these switches, and I believe they should be clustered. Your quick response is appreciated. 

Thanks for the very helpful guideline. IE 4010 switches only have GigabitEthernet SFP ports and not TenGigabitEthernet ports. I assume we can converter the GigabitEthernet SFP ports to stack ports and make a ring. Appreciate if you can let me know any issues with this plan. Also, my ring has only three switches. This guideline says that "When connecting stacked switches, ensure that hstack port1 on one switch is connected to hstack port1 of the other switch, and hstack port2 is connected to hstack port2 of the other switch.". There is no way to make this when having only three switches. It is possible to make this happen with two or four switches but not three switches. Any solutions? 

"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card