Views
Helpful
Replies

Instalation and Configure E1

cgutierrez9
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody,

Today i tried to install an E1 for PSTN and then register in the Call Manager 5.1, but in the router (gateway of voice), it is not appears nothing and so my question is: do i need to put a special command to show me E1 controller?, i know when you put the E1 in the router this should appear E1 controller and then configure it, please correct me if I'm wrong. Please help me in this situation, thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

To properly answer this question we need to know the exact hardware and IOS your are running.

You can use the "show inventory" and "show version" commands to gather this information.

In the absence of this data I will take a guess that you have a card that can act as either a T1 or an E1 (for example the VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1). If this is true then you need to use the "card type e1" command followed by the slot and bay locations.

More details in the Command reference at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/interface/command/reference/ir_c1.html#wp1012287

Please rate if helpful.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card