cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter-VLAN routing

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

How is inter-VLAN routing even supposed to work? Especially with non-Windows hosts? After setting up VLANs and interfaces for the VLANs on the switch (sg350), what am I supposed to do now? It just doesn't work.

On the NAS device for example, I set up the VLAN interface as a static route with the interface IP as the gateway - is this supposed to be correct? I have seen the devices come up on the ARP list and elsewhere, but I can't connect to them. When I try to add static route on the switch, why it never shows outgoing interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can't ping this PC  - If this is windows 10 - by default FW enabled in windows, disable and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the Intervlan routing video how to make that work : Once inter vkan working between VLAN you able to ping the look at other config.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5HmMlaIlg

enable IP direct broadcast for the NAS to function.

interface vlan XX
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface ip 10.10.10.1
directed-broadcast
exit

BB

Learn how to configure Inter-VLAN Routing on SG350 and SG550 Switches

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Is DHCP server supposed to be enabled? Because it isn't for me and there's nothing on my network pools. Everything else was already like the video.

if you do not need DHCP Server, you can do static IP config on  end device pointing to Default gateway for the respected VLAN.

BB

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently I'm able to ping between the VLAN I'm connected to do the configuring and the NAS at the moment, but I can't load the NAS webUI. How is it supposed to work?

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, so now I can't access the NAS at all anymore because I changed the gateway

The SG350 just doesn't work at all.

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

My windows laptop can download the NAS webUI with its IP set as the gateway now, why can't the switch route it to my other PC?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SG350 just doesn't work at all.  - youneed to answer this, what is not working ?

1. setup a VLAN Interface as per the document.

2. ping local gateweay it works both the VLAN

3. ping other gateways works ?

4. check the each other vlan can reach each other

5. if not check ping or traceroute and check where it blocking.

make sure device in  routing mode - one step at time test and do other changes once it working.

or post show run config to understand from device what is configured, we do not have any visibility what is configured and working ?

BB

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to get run config from the webUI? I can only configure from the webUI.

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't ping from VLAN 109 to VLAN 107, so that would have to be fixed first somehow

sure you found the issue, that means Routing not enabled.

In the IP Configuration -> IPv4 Interface -> IPv4 Routing is enabled.

BB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

unfortunatly i do not have SG350 to suggest, you can do SSH to device and issue show run

Looing at the document - go to advance mode - getting started - backup device configuration ( check you can download local PC)

BB

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean IPv4 routing "enable" from the IPv4 interface page? Because it is enabled

zoozu68732
Level 1
Level 1

I found tech support data, but it has a lot of information that probably isn't relevant, which parts would be helpful?

----*deleted*byOP-----

You have 2 VLAN  - 107 and 109 ( why you have Port-channel configured ? where is this connecting to ?) and why it setup as switchport general pvid 107 ?

nterface vlan 107
name nas
ip address 192.168.67.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface vlan 109
name trblsh
ip address 192.168.9.9 255.255.255.0

ip route 192.168.9.0 /24 192.168.9.20  ---> what is this 192.168.9.20 ?

if you configure device in VLAN109 you should be able to ping 192.168.9.9  default gateway and you should be able to ping 192.168.67.1 (VLAN 107) this is basic testing before do antyhing else.

full confg help some time - still have issue post full config.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card