Replies

Inter-VLAN traffic at the Leaf Layer

Jordi Benet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have N7k --> N5k --> UCS --> VMs

N7k is doing Layer 3.

My issue is that when a VM from vlan 100 needs to talk to a VM next to it but in vlan 200 needs to go to the N7k.

There is a way the VMs talk to each other when they are in different VLANs?

- Could the NExus 1000v be used as layer 3 switch?

- Will the CSR 1000 router do this?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,

J

3 Replies 3

Hello

Communicaton between different vlans require routing -  However PVLANS have community vlans which allows communcation with between each vlan specified to do so.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply.

- Could the NExus 1000v be used as layer 3 switch?

- Could the CSR 1000 router do what I am looking for?

Thanks.

Regards,

J

Hello I have never worked on any of these devices but looking at the cco docs It seems the nexus 1000v support multiple vlan and L3 routing And the as for the csr router cisco states: Router Interfaces The Cisco CSR 1000V router interfaces perform the same functionality as those on hardware-based Cisco routers. So again I am assume sub interfaces can be used for dot1q encapsulation for trunking Maybe someone else on this community can clarify this Res Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card