Helpful
Replies
zheepern0826
Beginner

Intervlan routing on 2 router and 2 gateway

Hi guys,

Need your help.

My customer configure their data vlan gateway on the Router1

Currently I am installting the call manager  and the new voice vlan gateway was  set on the Voice Router. They are both connecting through a switch. The switch is C2960S which i believe it is not supporting layer 3

Please advise how can i do the routing make them able to communicate beside adding the static route.

You may refer to the diagram I have attached.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julio E. Moisa
VIP Mentor

Hi

Some switches 2960 support limited routing like 2960X who support static routing only, but not really sure about 2960S. 

You should need a layer 3 switch between these routers, now you could interconnect both routers directly and use a dynamic routing protocol. 

You need a layer 3 device to interconnect the networks, Im pretty sure the switch 2960S is Layer 2 only. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mithun_raam
Beginner

Hi zheepern,

As I understand, your voice gateway should send the traffic to R2 ? if so assing a different vlan on switch for the voice network and connect the voice gateway & the voice router...

configure the tcp/ip gateway of voice gateway as your voice router..

Then it will always send to R2.

correct me, if my understanding is wrong..

thank you.

Mithun R

Julio E. Moisa
VIP Mentor

Hi

Some switches 2960 support limited routing like 2960X who support static routing only, but not really sure about 2960S. 

You should need a layer 3 switch between these routers, now you could interconnect both routers directly and use a dynamic routing protocol. 

You need a layer 3 device to interconnect the networks, Im pretty sure the switch 2960S is Layer 2 only. 

Hope it is useful

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks. I have advise the customer to get a layer 3 devices for easier implementation and also easier to manage in future.

You are welcome, have a great day