Replies

Intervlan routing on 2 router and 2 gateway

zheepern0826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Need your help.

My customer configure their data vlan gateway on the Router1

Currently I am installting the call manager  and the new voice vlan gateway was  set on the Voice Router. They are both connecting through a switch. The switch is C2960S which i believe it is not supporting layer 3

Please advise how can i do the routing make them able to communicate beside adding the static route.

You may refer to the diagram I have attached.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Some switches 2960 support limited routing like 2960X who support static routing only, but not really sure about 2960S. 

You should need a layer 3 switch between these routers, now you could interconnect both routers directly and use a dynamic routing protocol. 

You need a layer 3 device to interconnect the networks, Im pretty sure the switch 2960S is Layer 2 only. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mithun_raam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi zheepern,

As I understand, your voice gateway should send the traffic to R2 ? if so assing a different vlan on switch for the voice network and connect the voice gateway & the voice router...

configure the tcp/ip gateway of voice gateway as your voice router..

Then it will always send to R2.

correct me, if my understanding is wrong..

thank you.

Mithun R

Hi

Some switches 2960 support limited routing like 2960X who support static routing only, but not really sure about 2960S. 

You should need a layer 3 switch between these routers, now you could interconnect both routers directly and use a dynamic routing protocol. 

You need a layer 3 device to interconnect the networks, Im pretty sure the switch 2960S is Layer 2 only. 

Hope it is useful

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi,

Thanks. I have advise the customer to get a layer 3 devices for easier implementation and also easier to manage in future.

You are welcome, have a great day

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card