cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 12.4(20) T !

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i read somewhere on this forum that 12.4(20) T is not a stable IOS. They recommended some other IOS probably with suffix T1 or so. Ofcourse which IOS i need depends on the services i am currently using plus those that will be used in future but still can someone explain me what is difference between T1,T2 etc ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ovais,

the differences between a 12.4(20)T and 12.4(20)Tx  are minimal and should include fixes for some bugs.

as a general rule of thumb it is better to load an image with lower first numbers but an high revision number it should be more stable.

To give you some relief I have two 7206VXR running 12.4(20)T with one year uptime.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ovais,

the differences between a 12.4(20)T and 12.4(20)Tx  are minimal and should include fixes for some bugs.

as a general rule of thumb it is better to load an image with lower first numbers but an high revision number it should be more stable.

To give you some relief I have two 7206VXR running 12.4(20)T with one year uptime.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks alot sir. It surely helped me knowing you are using it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card