Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Feature Sets

OPDPostdata
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a question about licensing and upgrading IOS Software.

Our company has 11 Cisco routers and switches with original IOS:

* 2 routers Cisco 3825 with IOS: c3825-ipbase-mz.123-11.T11.bin

* 1 router Cisco 2811 with IOS: c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-3g.bin

* 8 switches Cisco Catalyst 3750G with IOS: c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin

We have SMARTnet 24x7x4 (SNTP) contract for all this devices. We want to upgrade IOS to newest version.

My question is:

We have all IOS with „IP Base W/O encryption” Feature Sets. Can we choose IOS with other Feature Sets for our devices (for example „ipbasek9”, „advsecurityk9” or “entbase”, “entbasek9” for routers or “Ip Services” for switches) as a part of our maintenance, without buying some additional license?

If answers is “NO”, where can we find information about our licenses and what can I do to get ability to use other Feature Pack IOS?

Thanks & Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No you can not install an IOS other than what you are licensed for (ipbase). You can contact either a Cisco reseller (e.g. CDW) or a Cisco SE and they can help get the license you need.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Yes you can use the K9 version for SSH as long as it's the same feature set  such as ipbase ...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No you can not install an IOS other than what you are licensed for (ipbase). You can contact either a Cisco reseller (e.g. CDW) or a Cisco SE and they can help get the license you need.

Hope it helps

I'm very grateful for fast response.

I have one more question.

If we have license to use only IPBASE software, can we use IPBASE with encryption (ipbasek9), rather than IPBASE W/O encryption?

Thanks and regards

Yes you can use the K9 version for SSH as long as it's the same feature set  such as ipbase ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: