cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgrade of C2960S-48FPS-L (from 12.2(55)SE12 to 152-2.E9)

Alan.A
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone tried upgrading 2960S from 12.5(55)SE12 to Cisco goldstar version 152-2.E9? Any issue with the upgrades for stack switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a large fleet of 2960S on 15.2(2)E9 and there is nothing wrong.  

I have no failure when upgrading from 12.2(55)SE train to 15.2(2)E train. 

NOTE: 

1. Upgrading from 12.2(55)SE train to 15.2(2)E train is a major upgrade "step" -- This means there will be a mandatory micro-code upgrade and this will take between 12 to 22 minutes.  
  2. Always use the "archive download-sw" script to properly unpack the files to the target switch.  Do not use the so-called "copy the BIN file from one switch to another" method because this is not "safe".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a large fleet of 2960S on 15.2(2)E9 and there is nothing wrong.  

I have no failure when upgrading from 12.2(55)SE train to 15.2(2)E train. 

NOTE: 

1. Upgrading from 12.2(55)SE train to 15.2(2)E train is a major upgrade "step" -- This means there will be a mandatory micro-code upgrade and this will take between 12 to 22 minutes.  
  2. Always use the "archive download-sw" script to properly unpack the files to the target switch.  Do not use the so-called "copy the BIN file from one switch to another" method because this is not "safe".

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the reason for an upgrade, any security concerns, or improvement? the kit it end of the life last year 2020 - do you have any support extended.

If you planning to upgrade the hardware, I will leave it running as expected and move to a new model with the latest stable release.

still like to upgrade - read the release notes before upgrading closely :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/ios-nx-os-software/ios-15-2e/products-release-notes-list.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card