cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ios UPGRRADE

Sencyty
Level 1
Level 1

URGENT GUYS, i have a catalyst 4506 go offline while uploading image. The switch has been rebooted twice but not coming back online, power up with amber lights but no communication at all. What is the best and easiest way to resolve this please?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Hello,

To solve the problem you are experiencing right now, you need to know exactly the your device status.

Have you connected the console? Check if it is in rommon state or if there is no output at all.

If there is no output, you should proceed the RMA.

am actually working remotely, a colleague on site console to the switch but getting authentication failed for client

Can you access the switch remotely?

Are you getting tacas certified?

If the device boots up and authentication fails in the console, it seems that communication with the authentication server is not working properly.

Is there no way to access the device at all?

How do I resolve the authentication issue?

Please is there anyway we can reset to bypass the authentication to access the switch? 

If you have your switch config saved within a notepad file I would suggest a hard reset

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the switch and reboot. 
Post the entire bootup process. 

NOTE:  Do not post screenshots.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a single or dual Sup card ? VSS ?

Remove the sup card and re-insert, connect the console cable and check you see any logs ? no console at all, the raise a TAC case.

check some troubleshoot tips for removing the card:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/hardware/configuration/notes/b-sup9e-note.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Attach a  console , during power up (and or reboot) , scrutinize the self test errors and bootup process.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card