Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address overlaps - Trying to configure ACL on VLAN network

Hello Everyone!

I'm very new to the Cisco environment and apologise in advance that this question has most likely been asked a hundred times before! I'm trying to configure the ACL for my Management network on VLAN 10 to have access to VLAN's 20, 30 & 40 servers. But the other users on their retrospective VLAN's can only access their specific sever.

I'm always trying to use the encapsulation command on the router for VLAN 10 but I keep getting the overlap error. And do I also need to use the encapsulation command for the other three VLAN's?

Can somebody please help me with this issue, I believe it maybe something to do with subnet masks (no doubt somebody here will know the very basic answer haha)

Thanks in advance

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sj3-DQvD-0rI2MNXueY9AmvAOdZEY1x0

Harry

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I tried to download the attached diagram or lab but it is asking for permission. Share more information with us or grand me permission to download the attached document.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

I believe the file should be accessible now, can you please have a look.

Thanks

No,

It is still same.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello

FYI - Your ip addressing was all incorrect, you were trying to create vlans and assign them addressing that overlap the /22 subnets you had created, Also you servers and end hosts had the incorrect gateways applied.

I have re-created a working topology based on your server and end host assignments, and created some ACL to filter intervlan traffic so ll the other vlans (other than mgt users) can just to access their own server.

Please review it so to see if it is much clearer for you to understand. 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card