Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP base to IP service license issue

i am having a ws-3750x-12s-s  switch . i want to ugprade it from ipbase to ip service. after installing ip service liciense file, when i gave command " show license detail" i found there 3 index . one is for ip base -active (permanent) ..2nd is for ip service-active(permanent) 3rd  is again ip service but inactive( period 8weeks 2days) , then i cleared 1st one by giving command "clear ipbase" and reboot. but still 2 index .both for ipservice one is permanent-active another is inactive . so my question is how can i remove 2nd index which one is inactive and time period for 8weeks and 2days..?? becasue i don't need it. and it will make any problem in future ?? please anyone help me in this regard .

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need to remove any of the other indexes.  Since you have already installed IP Services license, when you do a sh lice det you should see this in one of the indexes:

Index: 3        Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Priority: Medium

License Count: Non-Counted

Store Index: 2

Store Name: Primary License Storage

also does sh ver show you have IP Services license installed?

this is what you should see:

License Level: ipservices

Next reload license Level: ipservices

Can you post sh lice det and sh ver?

HTH

Thank you Reza sharifi for your reply. Actually i handover that switch to my customer so can't post the sh lice & sh ver right now. but in that switch it was index like your index 3

index: 1        Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0

License State: Active, In Use

and also another index

index 2      Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0

License Type: 8 weeks 2days

License State: Inactive, not in Use

so i have no idea about 2nd index... thats why want to about it ? why it comes ?@ will it make any problem in future ? or what will be the use of 2nd index...can u say plz ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card