Helpful
Replies

IP Conflict Exchange Server

ConstanceS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guy's

Hope you are all well.

I need your help please, so here is the scenario.

I have a client we provide hosted services for, I have a vrf configured for client on a 6500 (yes I know we still use them).

The client has an Exchange Server in our DC which connects off our Cisco Access stack, yesterday the client reported while working on his exchange, the server kept prompting him about an IP conflict. Our server-team dumped this call on my lap however I do not mange the IP address or DHCP for this client they do themselves. How can I from my networking euipment "6500/3750/Nexus 5K" try to locate the offending machine. Client users Vlan81 server ip range is 10.31.20.x /24... Please keep in mind our DC is hosting a very large client base and this client  themselves have a large organisation...

Thanks Guy's in advance

Cisco Rocks!!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can (on the Nexus) use sh ip arp vrf <name> x.x.x.x   (where x.x.x.x is the exchange IP server's address) to find the culprit ; if you are lucky that is. If the mac address is found the port of the offending node, can then be tracked and blocked.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

AndreaTornaghi
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a DHCP server in DC, in the same vrf of Exchange server?

If they have a DHCP server in DC, they can check it.

Maybe they are assigning server's ip address in their DHCP pool.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card